Feedback: What would you change or add to Staffy-Bull-Terrier?

+5
Herewegoagain!:)
caz64
Panda
Kathy
Steve
9 posters

Go down

Feedback: What would you change or add to Staffy-Bull-Terrier? Empty Feedback: What would you change or add to Staffy-Bull-Terrier?

Post by Steve Wed Apr 18 2012, 17:25

As number one Staffordshire bull terrier forum and website on the net it’s always a good idea to, every so often, hold a finger to the wind and assess the situation.

So tell me: what would you like to see on Staffy-bull-terrier?

- What’s working? What’s not?
- What other forums would you like to see here?
- What new pages you can think of for the website ( www.staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk )
- What things do you want to see more of?
- Anymore tutorials you think may help new members?
- If you could add one thing to this forum to improve it, what would that be?

Let us know, give us your opinion's and idea's - we want to make this a lively place to collaborate, problem solve, and discuss topics of interest. What would make this better?

Feedback: What would you change or add to Staffy-Bull-Terrier? Icon_e10 My hope: thats when you look at Staffy-bull-terrier, you immediately get what we’re about

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Feedback: What would you change or add to Staffy-Bull-Terrier? Empty Re: Feedback: What would you change or add to Staffy-Bull-Terrier?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18 2012, 20:13

Re- petstreet,
sorry steve, i agree theres plenty of advice here, i just thought that people could get free, personal advice for their dogs condition. Im not suggesting people join and stay there, they dont offer the same thing as your site, so i doubt it would apeal to us here. It was just when blitz was really ill, id often get a 2nd opinion from their vet. Smile

Back to top Go down

Feedback: What would you change or add to Staffy-Bull-Terrier? Empty Re: Feedback: What would you change or add to Staffy-Bull-Terrier?

Post by Steve Wed Apr 18 2012, 20:15

Big Grin we need to find vets who are staffy fans to join the forum >Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18 2012, 20:21

i could ask her, she seems very staffy happy x

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Apr 18 2012, 20:22

yea if you want Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18 2012, 20:22

We should all ask our vet, or maybe you could ask the vet at the mentioned site

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Apr 18 2012, 20:25

yea that a good idea Smile when we goto vet we should ask them if they would like ot join us maybe we could make a forum for them?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Apr 18 2012, 20:27

Asking the veterinary nurses may also be a good idea, they do a lot of what the vet would do anyway.

This is what I would love to get into myself.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Apr 18 2012, 20:30

sound good to me you all know what to do when u goto vet next time >Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18 2012, 20:32

yes, good idea Smile ,i'll ask they nurse at mine, she's excellent x Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Apr 19 2012, 15:44

bump

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Fri Nov 02 2012, 18:33

Hi Steve, Firstly you and the other Moderators run a great Forum, Thankyou.
Would it be possible to give legal advice, simple stuff for new dog owners. At times like this when just about any Staffie or Bull terrier or cross is classed as dangerous, it might be helpful for dog owners to know their rights.

All the Best

Anne
Panda
Panda
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Nov 02 2012, 18:50

Hi Anne, this is something that has been discussed before but at the moment I dont think we have any legally qualified members to ask to give the advice. Would be great to provide this service though.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 18:52

Steve - this site is BRILLIANT. In the short time I have been on it, I have learned so much, been advised by kind and helpful Staffy owners (not forgetting Caryll (EBT), ever) and met so much much friendliness from everyone. Personally, I wouldn't change one single thing.

Ref the "vet being on board" idea. That's an interesting idea, but I can't see a vet giving his/her advice for free (cynical I know, but they have to earn their livings like the rest of us). They'd be inundated by people wanting free vetinary advice, maybe at the cost of their own practice.

Plus, I would suspect that this site would be overun with people wanting free vetinary advice, to the detriment of the open discussions we now have.

Just my tuppence worth.

Back to top Go down

Post by caz64 Sun Nov 04 2012, 13:11

I think this site is brill Big Grin for a laugh and support. fab items and fab organisers and the members are cool too. I would like to be able to time like for when someone has beat me to make a comment. keep up the great work Love Struck
caz64
caz64
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dusty
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Herewegoagain!:) Mon Nov 05 2012, 22:58

Have you ever thought of having a free to good home/for sale.
NO animals or dogs though . Handy for people to pick up bargains and for people to get rid of things ie old collars/ toys etc!

Maybe ask for a 50p/ £1 honesty box payment to the rescue by PayPal etc for
The website???
You could stage it say all items under £5 - 50p . Under £20 -£1 etc.

Just a thought >Big Grin<

Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Diesel
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 23:01

The problem is privacy - you'd have to put addresses on the open forum, which I don't think is a very good idea. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Herewegoagain!:) Tue Nov 06 2012, 00:30

They respond on the for sale thread! Tbh most of us do it on eBay already ,
Collect from home. No numbers / addresses only area .
that can be done through P.M / chat .

Small donation in payment for advert. People
Could save loads on crates etc and others make a bit of money towards upgrading for muttley. Honest I've seen it on other forums, works a treat and helps support the site.

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Diesel
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19 2012, 09:21

I think that a link on the site to introducing your Stafford to the resident cat might be an idea. I don't know if there is an existing link but people seem to ask about it alot Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigNick8 Thu Dec 20 2012, 20:24

I would like to see the option of sending PM's to other members.
I feel from what I can see here that there is adequate moderation in place to control spammers/undesirables & feel it could be of benefit to all members.
We have created a 'staff room' on anotger forum that I moderate on, & this is a place where we 'the staff' can discuss topics prior to airing them on the open forum.
I also think a 'Members Services' board maybe of use to all members, whereby in the case that someone needs a plumber/builder/electrician etc. they may be able to call upon a member of a community that they belong to.
Just a thought, & no offence meant or will be taken if either are unviable.
Regards,
Nick
BigNick8
BigNick8

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Ella
Dog(s) Ages : 14 Months
Support total : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Thu Dec 20 2012, 20:29

dont think any changes needed the forum is great and has helped us a great deal since joining. Nick i think private messaging was stopped as too much back biting was happening. I may be wrong maybe some one else can confirm Smile
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Dec 20 2012, 20:42

BigNick8 wrote:I would like to see the option of sending PM's to other members.
I feel from what I can see here that there is adequate moderation in place to control spammers/undesirables & feel it could be of benefit to all members.
We have created a 'staff room' on anotger forum that I moderate on, & this is a place where we 'the staff' can discuss topics prior to airing them on the open forum.
I also think a 'Members Services' board maybe of use to all members, whereby in the case that someone needs a plumber/builder/electrician etc. they may be able to call upon a member of a community that they belong to.
Regards,
Nick

we had PM's before but other staffy forums admin/mod was joining and sending our members pm and asking join their forum & also it can make clicky group which make trouble and sometime kill forums, so it very unlikey i will bring back pm's

Members Services i like the idea Smile thinking it may get added at some point

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Dec 20 2012, 20:45

Panda wrote:Hi Steve, Firstly you and the other Moderators run a great Forum, Thankyou.
Would it be possible to give legal advice, simple stuff for new dog owners. At times like this when just about any Staffie or Bull terrier or cross is classed as dangerous, it might be helpful for dog owners to know their rights.

All the Best

Anne

what like a B.S.L forum?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BigNick8 Thu Dec 20 2012, 20:47

I can appreciate your concerns there Steve, I love this forum & have been made to feel very welcome & there always seems to be plenty of activity which is how a good forum should be.
It's a real credit to you & your members thumbs up
BigNick8
BigNick8

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Ella
Dog(s) Ages : 14 Months
Support total : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20 2012, 21:44

BigNick8 wrote:I would like to see the option of sending PM's to other members.
Regards,
Nick

PM's have been discussed before.. In our opinion they cause conflict and bullying type situations where members talk about other members and conflict arises.. I personally love the forum without PM.. We don't see a need for them Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 00:01

Pm will never be allowed here again.

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Dec 21 2012, 12:54

How about a Thank you page in the The Dog N Bone's Bar, It should be highlighted so people browsing and scoping out the forum can see at a glance the amount of help has been recieved and thanked for advice
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by dweiruk Wed Dec 14 2022, 22:16

Can you make most of the sections private part from the photo that might help with the site to get more people to come on, Its a good site by the way

One other thing would be a good mobile theme

dweiruk
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down