Strange

4 posters

Go down

Strange  Empty Strange

Post by debtom Tue Jul 17 2012, 10:08

As most of you know Caley had been poorly the other weekend and last week. She was on medication which finished last Friday and over the weekend we gradually reintroduced her to her dry food, she was absolutely fine all weekend lively, playful, naughty Laughing full of beans.

Anyway, come Monday morning she gets up plays a bit and trying to bite my trousers, I feed her which she eats all of it and start getting ready for work, then half an hour after eating she brings some of it back, I put it down to eating too quickly as afterwards she was her normal self. This morning, we get up and she just lies there looking at us, my husband gets ready for work as do I, she had a little bit of water and then 10 mins later was sick again (not as much as yesterday but it looked like a bit of undigested food), I feed her as normal and she eats it fine, I get ready for work crate her and leave.

My son gets up an hour after we leave, so she is only crated for one hour, for the rest of day she has been her normal self, playing, being naughty, training, eating...again full of beans. Her poop is totally normal as well. My son is up now and has said she is fine - being a pain lol Laughing

Do you think she gets herself upset at seeing us getting ready to leave, she was not like this before she was sick, but all last week someone was home with her and she was not crated in the morning, at the weekend she was fine, again we were with her. She is fine in her crate when we leave, she curls up and goes to sleep..I just find it strange why she is sick only in the morning and absolutely fine rest of the day. We feed her Science Plan puppy dry food and have done since we brought her home.
debtom
debtom
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Strange  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Caley
Dog(s) Ages : Born 2 April 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Strange  Empty Re: Strange

Post by Chantel Tue Jul 17 2012, 11:02

I honestly don't know what to say. After all the meds this should have been cleared up. Pups shouldn't be getting sick after eating or drinking. Obviously, on occasion the do, but not this regularly. Have you spoken to your vet about this?
Chantel
Chantel
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maska & Loki
Dog(s) Ages : Maska 1 year and a bit & Loki 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17 2012, 11:07

Sounds like it could be anxiety. What time does your son normally get up? Maybe you could leave off feeding her until he gets up?

Back to top Go down

Post by debtom Tue Jul 17 2012, 11:14

My son gets up an hour after I leave.

This morning she was a tiny bit sick before I had even fed her, it was after she had a little bit of water. I have spoke to him recently and he said she is absolutely fine, its like she improves as the day goes on, by the evening she is crazy pup...I just find it odd and what with her being poorly last week I feel like I am a bag of nerves myself thinking something is wrong all the time. She sleeps fine at night as well. All odd.
debtom
debtom
Strange  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17 2012, 11:25

I suppose it could still be a relic of the illness. See how she goes over the next week or so, and if it doesn't change give the vet a ring?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17 2012, 11:26

Could be she is just on the tail end of the sickness or picking up on your nervousness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17 2012, 12:14

If shes just getting over a dodgy belly, then its still sensitive and may not appreciate being over full, so i would feed her a bit less in the mornings and see if this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jul 17 2012, 12:46

Do you have a Kong that you could put her breakfast in ? This may slow down the eating time and give her something to do while you are getting ready and on your way out. Does she have toys to play with whilst you are out ? Or maybe try a stag bar for her to chew so she can vent off some of the anxiety.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by debtom Tue Jul 17 2012, 15:10

Many thanks for your responses. Again, she has livened up as the day has gone on, ate her dinner and has been fine.

I will try some of your answers and see what happens, alternatively if she keeps being sick in the morning after a few more days I will take her back to the vet.

debtom
debtom
Strange  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachb26 Tue Jul 17 2012, 16:00

Poor Caley Sad

I think it is anxiety/aftermath too and I will tell you why. Last night we had a serious incident happen in our family and while I won't go into details, I can tell you that because of the stress/hyper energy created, my Saffy went absolutely mental and hyperactive. Much more than just normal puppy evening hyper! It's like she went to a whole different state of mind.

When the evening came and things returned to minimal/normal stress levels and she settled, I gave her some dinner and 30 mins later she sicked it up. She hasnt been sick before. Ever. Otherwise though she was fine.

But certainly I believe that it was caused by earlier stress. And I know myself from experience that even after being ill or something dramatic happens, it can have a knock on affect for the next few days, weeks even.

Sometimes I just don't think we as humans get how in tune and sensitive dogs are to personal and environmental energy and atmosphere.

I hope Caley gets well soon! I think she will be ok in a few days. If not as said it's always best to get the vets opinion. Big Grin

Rachb26
Rachb26
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Saffy
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down