A friend for Alfie

Go down

A friend for Alfie Empty A friend for Alfie

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:16

Hi All,

Alfie is alone in the day as I work (I know how horrible this sounds but we wer etold he would be fine - which he is) but I feel absolutely awful and want to get a little friend or companion for him. Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

A friend for Alfie Empty Re: A friend for Alfie

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:18

a cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:20

If I were you I'd concentrate on getting Alfie fully content at home before adding another dog. It could make things a lot more difficult for you, and for him to understand.

I want to get another dog, but at this stage Logan is still too much of a hyper pup at times for me to do it. He is getting better so I know I will get there some day.

It's always advised to go for the opposite gender and a age gap of 18 months, but this isn't always true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:21

I did think this may make his bad habits worse and coukd even rub off on the other dog! I just feel awful at the thought of him being alone all day

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:22

Dont get me wrong I dont shut him outside and leave him to starve or anything lol he has plenty of toys and water etc to keep him busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:22

MatLogan wrote:If I were you I'd concentrate on getting Alfie fully content at home before adding another dog. It could make things a lot more difficult for you, and for him to understand.

I want to get another dog, but at this stage Logan is still too much of a hyper pup at times for me to do it. He is getting better so I know I will get there some day.

It's always advised to go for the opposite gender and a age gap of 18 months, but this isn't always true.

How old is Logan Matt?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:31

Logan is only 13/14 months. He is just a bit much for other dogs, he climbs all over them and can be very irritating after a while to dogs.

Alfie should manage ok being left alone when you are at work as long as he is sufficiently walked and played with when you are at home so don't worry too much. Once you get him comfy in the house he will just chill out waiting for you. A lot of members on here leave their dogs when they are at work and they manage fine Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:33

MatLogan wrote:If I were you I'd concentrate on getting Alfie fully content at home before adding another dog. It could make things a lot more difficult for you, and for him to understand.

Same here.

You should also be aware that two staffords left alone together for long periods may fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:36

Caryll wrote:You should also be aware that two staffords left alone together for long periods may fight.

Massively important point! My other major worry with Logan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:36

Oh really? He looks much older in your picture! Yeah you are probably right I just worry too much about him lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:37

MatLogan wrote:
Caryll wrote:You should also be aware that two staffords left alone together for long periods may fight.

Massively important point! My other major worry with Logan.

Oh yes! Completely forgot about that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:41

EllieSmith wrote:Oh really? He looks much older in your picture! Yeah you are probably right I just worry too much about him lol

Logan is just a big lump! In my avatar believe or not he was about 6 months old. I think he must have taken 95% of the food provided to the litter when he was born haha. Laughing

We all worry so don't feel bad. If you can imagine, he came from a rubbish home and now he lives in a good home. He is most likely totally over the moon that somebody actually cares about him. Once you get him sorted and content you could look about another dog. But if I were you I'd wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:44

Really?! He is a big lump! But a nice big lump! Smile

I am going to, I dont particularly want another dog I just wasnt sure if it would be company for Alf. But yeah like you say he seems happy enough Smile

I know other people do work with dogs but I think its frowned upon a little bit and most people dont seem to like it but as long as they get all the excercise and love they need its not so bad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down