Fair coverage amount for vet pet insurance?

3 posters

Go down

Fair coverage amount for vet pet insurance? Empty Fair coverage amount for vet pet insurance?

Post by Fryfogle29 Wed Feb 13 2013, 15:40

Pet Plan Pet insurance
Gold (max benefits)
Vet Expenses $20,000.
Boarding,kennel& Cattery fees $500
Advertising & Reward $500
Loss due to theft/straying $500
Death from Illnees/Injury $1000
Vacation Canelation $1000
$50 deductable
100% Reimbursement

Would cost me $58.47 a month
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Fair coverage amount for vet pet insurance? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Fair coverage amount for vet pet insurance? Empty Re: Fair coverage amount for vet pet insurance?

Post by goldie87 Wed Feb 13 2013, 16:10

Not quite sure how it works out as you're in the US, but this is what I pay £13 a month (approx $20) for, with More Than Pet Insurance:

Up to £7,000 vets fees cover for each new accident and illness. What’s more, your pet is covered for as long as they need the treatment, as long as they remain insured with MORE TH>N – many policies limit cover to just the first 12 months of treatment
Up to £2 million liability insurance if your dog causes an accident or damages someone’s property
vetfone – MORE TH>N offers a free Vet Helpline service.
Pet Cover includes alternative therapies such as acupuncture and homeopathy
Up to £600 towards advertising and a reward if your pet goes missing
Up to £600 in boarding fees for your pet if you are hospitalised for more than 4 days
Up to £600 towards the purchase price of your pet if they go missing, are stolen or fatally hurt in an accident
Up to £600 towards the purchase price of your pet if you lose them through illness before they reach 9 years old.

The price you've got of $58.47 isn't bad but not the cheapest, works out at around £38 a month UK

Last edited by goldie87 on Thu Feb 14 2013, 14:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
goldie87
goldie87
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Fair coverage amount for vet pet insurance? Empty Re: Fair coverage amount for vet pet insurance?

Post by Fryfogle29 Wed Feb 13 2013, 16:15

I see. Will for sure be shopping around before I settle on one.
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 16:53

Also, make sure that the vet cover is for lifetime, not just for the period of each insurance. ie if your dog gets an illness/injury that lasts for 18 months, make sure the policy will pay out for the full illness/injury and not just until the end of that policy. Does that make sense?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 17:15

Petplan are expensive but are supposed to be good as they will pay directly to Vet rather than you having to pay up front then claim Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Feb 13 2013, 17:45

Got to repeat what Caryll said, whatever you get get lifetime cover. Automatically more expensive but certainly a must, believe me I learnt the hard way Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Thu Feb 14 2013, 14:55

Caryll wrote:Also, make sure that the vet cover is for lifetime, not just for the period of each insurance. ie if your dog gets an illness/injury that lasts for 18 months, make sure the policy will pay out for the full illness/injury and not just until the end of that policy. Does that make sense?

Yep, definatly make sure you get lifetime cover, this is included in what I pay.

Chiara wrote:Petplan are expensive but are supposed to be good as they will pay directly to Vet rather than you having to pay up front then claim Big Grin

MoreThan pay directly to the vet aswell (which is one of the reasons I chose them), only to find out that my vets don't accept direct payments from insurance companies, I have to pay for it first then get reimbursed after! angry
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Fri Feb 15 2013, 14:54

Oi. I will double check with my vet then before I choose. However, I'll say for sure that I think I get the best "deal" from PetPlan. Since my FIL ticked me off royally so the other day, I may not use "his" Vet anyway Wink Thank you So much. The lifetime thing makes perfect sense Smile I've been having the good ol' FIL and other family members trying to tell me that Pet insurance is not needed. And I told them that they might as well be telling me that my child doesn't need health coverage either Rolling Eyes come on peeps. LOL I hope they learn soon I'm my own woman and when my minds made up it's made.
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down