staffy walks

5 posters

Go down

staffy walks Empty staffy walks

Post by andypurp Fri Mar 01 2013, 15:36

Hi guys im new to this site my names andy my staffys name is harley hes 2-1/2 now and loves and good run in rhe woods and fields. I was just wondering if there was any kind of arranged walk. Where loads of staffy owners meet once a month for a massive walk and to interact with each other and let their dogs play for hours on end. Hes great with other dogs but in his own way likes to play alone and hav all our attention. Hope to get some info on these walks be nice to get further afield with him feom wigan and surrounding areas. Any info wil be much appreciated
Thanks
andypurp
andypurp
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : harley
Dog(s) Ages : 2-1/2
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

staffy walks Empty Re: staffy walks

Post by johneva Fri Mar 01 2013, 15:49

Don't think we have had any meets arranged on here to just meet up and go for a walk.

Would be good to setup some meets in different areas though so members can have a get together for a walk and maybe even a barbecue or something after.

Especially as the better weather should not be to far away now.
johneva
johneva
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 18:55

Northern SBT rescue do 2 walks every year , 1 is end of this month in the lakes I think with a dog show etc over a fun weekend to raise funds , I was going to go but can't now due to other commitments

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 18:56

johneva wrote:Don't think we have had any meets arranged on here to just meet up and go for a walk.

Would be good to setup some meets in different areas though so members can have a get together for a walk and maybe even a barbecue or something after.

Especially as the better weather should not be to far away now.

We don't encourage member meet ups because of the personal security issues etc , it is far better to find events in your area and then post them , if people want to join you they can

Back to top Go down

Post by andypurp Fri Mar 01 2013, 21:10

Personally I think it wud be a good idea to possibly arrange a walk once a month or a few times per year to meet and greet and share stories and tales with other staffy owners. Maybe there shud be a sorg of subscription to take part sort of a donation towarda sbt rescue. I wudnt mind meeting up with other staffy owners within my area so long as their dog is chipoed and friendly towards other animals. Id also like to see coloured collara brought into law for owners with dangerous dogs like they do in Australia. Again any responses wil be great
andypurp
andypurp

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Fri Mar 01 2013, 22:18

andypurp wrote:Personally I think it wud be a good idea to possibly arrange a walk once a month or a few times per year to meet and greet and share stories and tales with other staffy owners. Maybe there shud be a sorg of subscription to take part sort of a donation towarda sbt rescue. I wudnt mind meeting up with other staffy owners within my area so long as their dog is chipoed and friendly towards other animals. Id also like to see coloured collara brought into law for owners with dangerous dogs like they do in Australia. Again any responses wil be great

as dave has explained, due to the security and well being of people we do not advise or promote these, unless is is a proper organized walk that has gone through the correct channels. If you find one that has been organized please feel free to let us know
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Mar 01 2013, 22:40

If you cannot find any walks in your area you may find the link below of use. They are organised walks to help raise funds for the guide dogs appeal, just pop in your post code to see whats happening near you:

http://www.guidedogs.org.uk/index.php?id=2699
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by andypurp Tue Mar 05 2013, 14:31

Wat exactly are the correct channels and procedures to arrange a friendly walk with our dogs and other polite friendly owners?? There are many places around the north west whrre I live that are more than accommodating for dog walks. I see it as a chance to get hints and tips how to get the best out of my staffy. anf allow our dogs to interact together. Me and my partner wud be more than happy to walk with others every now and again
andypurp
andypurp

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Mar 05 2013, 15:16

andypurp wrote:Wat exactly are the correct channels and procedures to arrange a friendly walk with our dogs and other polite friendly owners?? There are many places around the north west whrre I live that are more than accommodating for dog walks. I see it as a chance to get hints and tips how to get the best out of my staffy. anf allow our dogs to interact together. Me and my partner wud be more than happy to walk with others every now and again

the proper channels would be to find organised walks and fun days or how about popping into your local vets/petshops. These sometimes have flyers or the staff may be able to help. Due to safety of your self and your dog we do not offer or let other members arrange personal or group meets through the forum sorry again

rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down