Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids?

2 posters

Go down

Should people who failed a dog should be banned for having kids?

Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids? Pbucket21%Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids? Pbucket 21% 
[ 3 ]
Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids? Pbucket57%Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids? Pbucket 57% 
[ 8 ]
Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids? Pbucket21%Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids? Pbucket 21% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 14

Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids? Empty Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids?

Post by Steve Sun Apr 21 2013, 16:45

What do you think?

Last edited by Steve on Sun Apr 21 2013, 19:16; edited 1 time in total

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids? Empty Re: Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 16:49

i put depends, 'cos i would say it depends HOW they failed their dog. But really if someone can't care for a dog properly god knows how they will cope with kids!

Back to top Go down

Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids? Empty Re: Should people who fail dog(s) be banned from having kids?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 16:55

I put no, I agree with Ella, god knows what would happen to their children if they failed care for a dog, there is a level of care you need to provide & they are just as dependant as each other a dog maybe more so because he can't tell you if he's cold/hot, hungry/full, sick (and what's wrong) ah if only we could speak dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 16:58

Hard one as some people are plain nasty if they think they can get away with it. With kids there are allot more bodies in place to prevent cruelty/neglect. One thing is certain they should be able to have animals again! So I'm gonna vote depends

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:14

I think they should be banned for life from ever owning another animal of any kind.

But nobody has the right to ban people from having children, even if we feel that they won't be good parents. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:17

I put should be able to have animals again, obviously I meant shouldn't Laughing just wanna clear that up before people start throwing eggs at me

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:17

Caryll wrote:I think they should be banned for life from ever owning another animal of any kind.

But nobody has the right to ban people from having children, even if we feel that they won't be good parents. Sad

Laughing that doesn't make sense caryll if no body as right to ban people have kid why should they have the right to ban people owning animals Tongues

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:22

I put that it depends, even though in reality you can't ban people from having kids unless you want to live in a dictatorship. But I put it depends because dogs and kids are different, some people are crap dog owners because they didn't put the research into dogs, whereas kids...well, everyone's got kids, and they can actually talk to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:22

ella wrote:i put depends, 'cos i would say it depends HOW they failed their dog. But really if someone can't care for a dog properly god knows how they will cope with kids!

Darcy-may wrote:I put no, I agree with Ella, god knows what would happen to their children if they failed care for a dog, there is a level of care you need to provide & they are just as dependant as each other a dog maybe more so because he can't tell you if he's cold/hot, hungry/full, sick (and what's wrong) ah if only we could speak dog.

Mike wrote:Hard one as some people are plain nasty if they think they can get away with it. With kids there are allot more bodies in place to prevent cruelty/neglect. One thing is certain they should be able to have animals again! So I'm gonna vote depends

Caryll wrote:I think they should be banned for life from ever owning another animal of any kind.

Straight answer with me , you can kick a dog many times and it will still love you , you can't do that with kids (or not exactly anyway)
I love my dogs as if they were my kids (well they actually are) and I know people take different views so if we take someone that doesn't have the same thoughts as me and they can't do that properly what chance does a child have . And if someone answers that you don't treat kids like dogs then I am going to poke their eyes out >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:24

Tara wrote:I put that it depends, even though in reality you can't ban people from having kids unless you want to live in a dictatorship. But I put it depends because dogs and kids are different, some people are crap dog owners because they didn't put the research into dogs, whereas kids...well, everyone's got kids, and they can actually talk to you.

Disagree 100% , kids test you way more than dogs at times , so if you can't pass the dog test then you won't pass the kid test. I wouldn't care if I lived in a dictatorship because somebody decided I wasn't allowed to have a kid because I couldn't manage my dog

Great poll Stevie Baby Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:28

Tara wrote:I put that it depends, even though in reality you can't ban people from having kids unless you want to live in a dictatorship. But I put it depends because dogs and kids are different, some people are crap dog owners because they didn't put the research into dogs, whereas kids...well, everyone's got kids, and they can actually talk to you.

dont we live in a dictatorship now?

we cant own a gun
we cant own a pitbul
we cant smoke weed or sniff coke
Laughing

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:29

Steve wrote:

Laughing that doesn't make sense caryll if no body as right to ban people have kid why should they have the right to ban people owning animals Tongues

It makes perfect sense, Steve.

Unless you're going to go down the route that China have & you're going to legally limit the amount of children any family can have, then you can't ban people from having them.

Yoy can, though, ban them from owning animals - totally different thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:29

Steve wrote:

dont we live in a dictatorship now?

we cant own a gun
we cant own a pitbul
we cant smoke weed or sniff coke
Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Not quite the same thing! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:33

Caryll wrote:
Steve wrote:

Unless you're going to go down the route that China have & you're going to legally limit the amount of children any family can have, then you can't ban people from having them.

So Caryll , you're a mum and a really good mum (it's not your fault she turned out how she did) forget about dictatorships etc

Bloke beats a dog to within an inch of its life , starves it and leaves it abandoned on the street.............
You are a doctor with this piece of sh1t on the operating table in front of you , you will not be in trouble and the decision is yours, and have the chance sterilise him or not , are you seriously telling me you would let this no mark go on with a chance of having kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:34

Caryll wrote:
Steve wrote:

no body is saying going the china route at all, if you cant bring up a dog that is properly the easy job you can do in your life, why should your next door neighbor expect you to bring up a children. if a government party add this in their plan they would be voted in power without a doubt

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:40

No, they wouldn't, because people in this country won't vote in a dictatorship - and that's what it'd be.

You can't ban people from having children. You just can't.

Ban them from having animals, absolutely - there are people out there that shouldn't allowed to own an ant, but it's a basic biological right to have a child.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:42

Laughing how can you ban someone from owning a dog or pet but you cant ban someone from having a kids :/ sorry that doesn't make sense to me

we live in a modern day dictatorship Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:45

Think its an agree to disagree thing here Caryll , but may I ask as I know nothing about Catholicism is this a religious though or a from the heart parental view ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:48

Dave wrote:

Disagree 100% , kids test you way more than dogs at times , so if you can't pass the dog test then you won't pass the kid test. I wouldn't care if I lived in a dictatorship because somebody decided I wasn't allowed to have a kid because I couldn't manage my dog

Great poll Stevie Baby Big Grin

I don't mean dogs are harder to cope with, just that if you can't manage a dog, it depends on why you can't manage it, because dogs aren't the same as kids, when it comes down to it. If you're being cruel to a dog you shouldn't be allowed to have kids. If you neglect a dog and don't feed it or give it the affection or training it deserves, that'd translate badly with kids too. But I don't think every situation would mean the person would be a bad parent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:57

if there was law similar to this do you think we would have a dog problem today?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:57

OK I will accept in certain situations you may say take on a rescue that doesn't work out , but it really depends how you deal with things from there , if you responsibly put your hands up , take advice , and then need to re home again then no you shouldn't really be banned from having kids but there again you haven't really failed the dog

The big question is what do you call failing the dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 18:01

Good point, I took failing a dog to mean having to rehome it, give up on it or the dog having a poor quality of life because of the owner. But suppose you're right, in those circumstances it might not really count as failing the dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 18:49

we shouldn't let it go as a jail term etc as there are many many people just haven't tried but morally if you haven't tried you shouldn't have kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 21 2013, 19:18

so far on he facebook page

Yes 19
depend 9
no 0

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 19:24

Steve wrote:so far on he facebook page

Yes 19
depend 9
no 0

KILL THE 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun Apr 21 2013, 19:28

Was borderline on yes/depends so went for the middle ground, as I think it does depend on the circumstances. (don't kill me) Sad
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 19:32

Dave wrote:Think its an agree to disagree thing here Caryll , but may I ask as I know nothing about Catholicism is this a religious though or a from the heart parental view ?

I won't get involved in a theological argument here.

Yes, it's a catholic doctrine, but that isn't why I answered the way I did.

You cannot dictate to any human being whether or not they have children. You can say whether or not they have the right to own an animal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 19:44

I can understand the emotions and logic behind behind the question, but how would this ban be administered? Compulsory sterilisation, compulsory abortion, compulsory adoption of any existing or forthcoming children?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 19:54

Dave wrote:
Steve wrote:so far on he facebook page

Yes 19
depend 9
no 0

KILL THE 9

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor don't hold back Dave Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 21 2013, 20:15

Caryll wrote:[You cannot dictate to any human being whether or not they have children. You can say whether or not they have the right to own an animal.

It's ironic in this day and age you can ban someone from having a pet but they can have as many children doesn't matter how bad their parenting stills are may be that why are society is going down the pan

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 20:47

Steve wrote:
Caryll wrote:[You cannot dictate to any human being whether or not they have children. You can say whether or not they have the right to own an animal.

It's ironic in this day and age you can ban someone from having a pet but they can have as many children doesn't matter how bad their parenting stills are may be that why are society is going down the pan

Steve, I totally agree with you - but you just can't ban people from having kids, no matter how much you'd like to! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 21:13

I'm one of the 9, Bring it on Laughing
I'm with Caryll on this. Even though I would like to ban people having kids who are cruel to animals I don't think you can take that right away from anyone. Yes you can have the child removed and put in care or with foster parents if you feel the childs life is in danger but you can't stop someone bringing a child into the world

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 21 2013, 21:18

Rolling Eyes i'm not going keep repeating myself

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 21:19

Steve wrote: Rolling Eyes i'm not going keep repeating myself

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 21:35

Reminded me of my mum then
"I won't tell you again!"
If he like my mum he will repeat it again she always told me off for the same thing another 1000 times over Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 21:50

Don't worry Steve I have done the decent thing and updated my warning staus to save you the time Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down