Jab and Chip.

2 posters

Go down

Sleepy Jab and Chip.

Post by Clare/Joe Wed May 01 2013, 12:45

Wednesday 1st of May 2013.

Last Friday Joe & I took our darling little Bo-Jangles to the vet, as he turned 10 weeks old on that day.

When we first left the house and got into the car, his little heart was beating ten to the dozen, he was also shaking an awful lot, the poor little boy was so frightened because he remembered the last time he was in the car, the dreaded first jab. Jab and Chip. 698539

With some gentle and calming words, he began to calm down and started to take an interest in his surroundings. His little head was turning left and right, he was also smelling the air for all the different changing smells in the air. Jab and Chip. 248879

Joe was hold Bo-Jangles, once I had spoken to the receptionist and walked back over to them, Bo-Jangles was ready to fly back into my arms. Jab and Chip. 599462 A lady walked back into reception with her pug, Bo-Jangles ears popped up his tail was waging, his eyes never left the pug until her owner took her outside. It was lovely to see him re-acting as naturally and automatically as he should be doing. Jab and Chip. 779277 The pug, well she didn't even acknowledge him, let alone do what her owner wanted her to do.

We were then called in by the vet, I was on him like a dog with a bone about him not hurting my baby boy, I even asked him to put some numbing gel on the spot where he would be inserting the chip. He said if he gave him a needle to numb him it would hurt the same as the chip would to be inserted.

I didn't want to watch, but, I had to at the same time!Jab and Chip. 411405 The vet gave him the jab first, Bo-Jangles looked at him again as if to say, "WHAT, DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING" it was a totally classic look. When the vet took out the horrible piece of equipment he was going to use to insert the chip into Bo-Jangles, I was horrified at how big and blunt it looked. Jab and Chip. 698539 Jab and Chip. 536276 It broke my heart when Bo-Jangle cried out several times. Jab and Chip. 932742 Jab and Chip. 536276 I was almost in tears and kept saying "sorry" to Bo-Jangles for letting him be hurt. I know we did the right thing, but, it did not stop me from feeling awful in the knowledge we'd put him through a horrible experience in his so very young life.

He was very tender for a couple of days, we had to be careful when picking him up. He slept a lot for a couple of days, he didn't eat so much the on the Friday, but, come Saturday, he ate every meal he was given. I am happy to say he has fully healed from the tenderness and has had no lasting effects from the jab either. Jab and Chip. 779277

Thank goodness it is all done and we can rest assured in the long term, we have done everything we possibly can do to keep him healthy and safe. Jab and Chip. 779277

Clare. xx
Clare/Joe
Clare/Joe
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bo-Jangles
Dog(s) Ages : 7 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Sleepy Re: Jab and Chip.

Post by Honeys mum Fri May 24 2013, 12:21

Awwww I know how you feel, honey had her last injection and microchip last Saturday, she was fine having the injection, didn't even yelp because she was distracted by treats, but my gosh the micro chipping was a disaster!! I have never seen a needle like it, and I'm training to be a nurse! Well they inserted it and honey was literally screaming, wriggling and all sorts, the needle jammed or something so the vet nurse wasn't sure if the chip had gone in, she was scanning everywhere for it and it took 5minutes to find, still in the blooming needle so honey was going to have to have it done again, in the end I left the room and the vet and vet nurse did it, apparently she didn't yelp second time so the vet nurse must have been not so good at doing it. She had a horrible puncture wound to from the first attempt which was really visable through her white fur. It's all over and done with now, I thought honey might have a grump with me because I'm the one that keeps taking her to these places making her have these awful needles but she was fine. Thank god that's over with that's all I can say!
Honeys mum
Honeys mum
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dog(s) Ages : Honey and rocky
Dog Gender(s) : White with tan patch/spots and red sable (Pom)
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down