Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house?

+23
Gazagem
harlou
chulo
jola139
spike123
kelpie
Taz
Clairabelle
Rachel33
Jackieb
Sar H
Mark
traci2510
wendersbbz
asa-james
kate32
willowthewisp
steve76
StaffyBull-T
janey
Kathy
Keith
Steve
27 posters

Go down

Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house? Pbucket26%Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house? Pbucket 26% 
[ 22 ]
Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house? Pbucket49%Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house? Pbucket 49% 
[ 41 ]
Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house? Pbucket25%Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house? Pbucket 25% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 84

Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house? Empty Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house?

Post by Steve Wed Sep 01 2010, 11:33

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house? Empty Re: Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 18:50

Loose about the house.
He hasn't chewed anything yet. well not anything that ive noticed Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house? Empty Re: Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 21:27

i leave Katie in the kitchen, im still waiting for her to cook for us though Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 21:47

Thinking of doing that with the wife.......but im too affraid of coming back to find that she has found the frying pan for a purpose other than cooking Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 11:19

i put memphis in his crate just to get him used to learning that its his own bit space not just a place to sleep and always make a fuss before and when in there so he knows hes not being punished and with him being so young i havent had the heart to leaving him for more than 1 hour without rushing back and when i return he looks at me like nothings happend think he must go to sleep and the time passes without him knowing

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Sun May 20 2012, 15:05

Loose downstairs, with upstairs blocked off.
I knock the gas and oven electrics off after reading about a few houses that have gone up in smoke due to pets.
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun May 20 2012, 19:03

Rocky has full run of all the flat while we are out.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20 2012, 19:05

loose around the house but without access to the front room and the new sofa, even I don't get to sit on that too often

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20 2012, 20:56

Loose in the house, but when he was a puppy he was crated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20 2012, 21:22

lynne wrote:Loose in the house, but when he was a puppy he was crated

Same here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20 2012, 21:24

Outside pen

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun May 20 2012, 21:28

On my bed or the sofa Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20 2012, 23:13

Suki has free run of the house.

Back to top Go down

Post by StaffyBull-T Sun May 20 2012, 23:53

Used to depend. If we were out for more than 3 hours or a long period of time, they could roam the house. They were all guard dogs.
Oh, these were my old dogs. A rottie, German Shep and a Pointer cross. Those were the main three.
StaffyBull-T
StaffyBull-T
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Mon May 21 2012, 00:43

we have tried leaving marley loose, but even when surrounded by toys he chews anything. so we put him in his crate when we have to go out
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 21 2012, 12:11

Ty has a very secure garden area where I leave him in the day. If I go out in the evening or if it is really bad weather, he is indoors restricted to the living area. As a pup, I would return to heaven knows what but now he is not at all destructive.

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp Wed May 23 2012, 21:21

chester goes in his crate willow goes on my bed! i dont leave them together as sometimes they get carried away with their playfights
willowthewisp
willowthewisp
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Where do you leave your dog when you’re out of the house? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : willow and chester
Dog(s) Ages : willow 3 years chester 2
Dog Gender(s) : willow female chester male
Support total : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by kate32 Wed Jun 06 2012, 22:32

Maisy in kitchen, scooby in hallway and he always at the window when we pull on the drive Smile
kate32
kate32
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : maisy n scooby
Dog(s) Ages : 2 n 3
Dog Gender(s) : female n male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Wed Jun 06 2012, 23:22

Lola used to be crated, but since i moved back home she breaks out of the crate after 30 seconds (used to being in it with another dog usually)

Lola now has run of the conservatory and kitchen during the time nobody's in the house, but even if we are home she like to sleep on HER chair in the conservatory (the only one she's allowed on in the house)
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by wendersbbz Sun Jul 08 2012, 16:31

my two go in the crate ! when we out the house !

wendersbbz
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : echo and neka
Dog(s) Ages : echo 18 months / neka 4 years
Dog Gender(s) : both female

Back to top Go down

Post by traci2510 Sat Sep 01 2012, 12:06

loose around the house, ive never come home to any chewing or mess, she has access to the garden to so she can roam where she pleases, the only one who leaves me little presents is izzie (my jack) who will always do a lil pee in the bathroom she just wont go out but i have now started to close off the bathroom and happy to say no more weeeeeesss lol xx
traci2510
traci2510

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : crystal, izzie
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Wed Nov 28 2012, 09:47

We leave miley in a crate but its only for a couple of hours
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Sar H Thu Nov 29 2012, 20:18

Maddie goes in her crate in the kitchen but the door of the crate is left open, so she can wander round the kitchen. We don't have a kitchen door so we have a babygate across the entrance so we can get through the front door without any 'help'.
Sar H
Sar H

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maddie
Dog(s) Ages : about 9
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29 2012, 20:21

loose in the house Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Thu Nov 29 2012, 20:26

Tank in his crate and Diesel has free run of the downstairs x
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30 2012, 10:45

In his cage. He's not so destructive like he used to be, but if he was kept in the kitchen he'd jump up at the counter, or worse turn the gas on (he's already done this). If he was kept in the living room he'd go on the couch (he's not allowed on the couch and it has bitemarks in it from when he was a puppy Laughing), so easier this way, he has less chance to misbehave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30 2012, 11:14

we've now progressed to letting them both have the run of the hall, landing and kitchen and keep all the doors closed elsewhere , never really lkeft for more than 2 hours , Tilly would love to be back in the bedroom chilling out but it would be too much of a risk to take with Tommy at the moment, but a few more weeks and who knows

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Fri Nov 30 2012, 11:17

Bis has the landing, hallway and kitchen with her big bed, chews and the radio left on Smile
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Clairabelle Mon Dec 31 2012, 00:49

Jimmy in the kitchen and Edie in the sitting room - both have their own beds. They know the routine! When I'm going out or to bed I go to the cupboard and get a few shape biscuits - when I turn round both are in their beds waiting to be tucked in! The rooms do have to be checked and cleared of anything that could be eaten / chewed before leaving them - teddies and construction toys are favourites!
Clairabelle
Clairabelle
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Edie & Jimmy
Dog(s) Ages : 2yrs & 6yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Female & Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Taz Thu Jan 03 2013, 21:40

Leave in the kitchen but she can go up the stairs ( rooms not available for her)

Taz
Taz

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : 'lil Miss Taz Devil Demoania ~ TAZ
Dog(s) Ages : 31:05:2011
Dog Gender(s) : She's a lady, a tinker, a beauty, an a real b!tch
Support total : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by kelpie Thu Jan 03 2013, 21:44

Flynn has upstairs... Rolo has the hall and kitchen in the morning, but if I come home for lunch then return to work he gets well cheesed and destroys stuff so it's cage for a couple of hours in the afternoon. He's a funny little bug... it's his way of protesting Smile
kelpie
kelpie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by spike123 Sat Jan 05 2013, 19:34

loose in the house with exception of the kitchen that is blocked off !!!
spike123
spike123

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Spike
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05 2013, 22:57

Run of the house - but so far he hasn't been left for more than 10 mins on his own.

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Sun Jan 06 2013, 00:10

Debo is left in the crate, I would like to leave him loose when I finally move to my place.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10 2013, 15:18

We've never left her on her own yet (son is unemployed atm) she 5 months so wen the time comes it'll prob be a nightmare :-(

Back to top Go down

Post by chulo Sat Jan 12 2013, 11:20

Chulo is 9 weeks old and we got him 6 days ago! We haven't left him alone yet but we are considering to train him to be in his crate when we are to leave the house. I hope he will regard this as his own private space where he can feel safe and protected. I am worried he might start chewing the furniture if left loose on his own in the house. He does his business already outside in the garden although wee-wee accidents still happen. Not sure yet if he is therefore ready to be left in his crate because I think he needs to have his bladder under control first?
chulo
chulo

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : CHULO
Dog(s) Ages : 10 WEEKS
Dog Gender(s) : MALE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12 2013, 11:31

chulo wrote:Chulo is 9 weeks old and we got him 6 days ago! We haven't left him alone yet but we are considering to train him to be in his crate when we are to leave the house. I hope he will regard this as his own private space where he can feel safe and protected. I am worried he might start chewing the furniture if left loose on his own in the house. He does his business already outside in the garden although wee-wee accidents still happen. Not sure yet if he is therefore ready to be left in his crate because I think he needs to have his bladder under control first?

Depends how long you intend to leave him. If it's only a couple of hours tops, then it wouldn't be a problem as long as he has the chance to pee before you go out.

Back to top Go down

Post by chulo Sat Jan 12 2013, 11:40

Thanks Caryll, that makes sense, will take it in small steps
chulo
chulo

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : CHULO
Dog(s) Ages : 10 WEEKS
Dog Gender(s) : MALE

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Sat Jan 12 2013, 13:50

Cant leave Olly ,he barks and cries ,i think its cos hes a rescue so we take him everywhere it has advantages as i cant go shopping with my better half Big Grin
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Sat Jan 12 2013, 14:10

Both mine go in their crates we did start leaving skye to roam but with having Buster atm their play can get a bit heated
He is learning to play gentle but its best not to take the chance
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Sat Jan 12 2013, 15:12

Solly has the run of the house when we are out, he could have access to the garden, but would be worried if someone broke the fence to steal him, it happens too much these days.
Panda
Panda

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Thu Jul 04 2013, 15:53

We put Gwen in the crate whenever we leave the house. She can't be trusted out and about in the house yet! But once she gets through her destructive chewing phase and can be trusted we will leave her out in the house.
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gwen
Dog(s) Ages : 12/22/2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 18:11

Loose in the house...he's an angel when we go out angel 

Back to top Go down

Post by vicki and dave Wed Jul 30 2014, 14:44

Loose in the house, he`s always on the bed when we come home
vicki and dave
vicki and dave

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Jack
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by JStaff Wed Jul 30 2014, 23:28

Suki has free run of the house when we are gone
JStaff
JStaff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down