Bit of info / help needed please

2 posters

Go down

Bit of info / help needed please  Empty Bit of info / help needed please

Post by Dybull Fri Jun 28 2013, 00:15

Hi guys new today just wanna say hi and ask a quick question please
I've owned a staffy for the last 12 years and he's still as young in spirit as ever but is physically ageing lol , no more hoping the 6ft fences in the garden to take himself for a run lol now he goes through them so a £100 on fence panels later I'm looking to get him a bit of company ! Now a couple of years ago I looked at getting another staff and found a breeder that was breeding blue pied staffs !!! Now if I remember rightly they weren't show spec as to speak they were longer legged 18" and looked more muscular/stocky and I im sure i remember they were off the uk on maybe Isle of Man but could be wrong ???? I know they only owned 2 dogs the mother and father
My question is does anyone know where I could get In contact with them or another breeder that breeds big blue pied ???????
Thanks in advance

Dybull
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Bit of info / help needed please  Empty Re: Bit of info / help needed please

Post by Dybull Fri Jun 28 2013, 00:38

Possibly interested in a red pied also dependant on dog but would prefer white/blue pied if anyone can help.

Dybull

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28 2013, 11:06

Although I'm not saying that all breeders who don't register their dogs are bad breeders, many of them are! DNA & other health tests should be carried out on both the sire & dam prior to mating, and blues should never be mated to blues!

If they are 18" to the shoulder you could also have the problem of them being classed as pitbull 'types' and your pup, if it also grows to that height, could be taken away from you at a later date.Sad

I would, personally, stay away from any non-standard pups.

The best way to look for your ideal pup would either be to contact rescue centres who often have Stafford pups available, or have a look on champdogs for an up & coming litter that you might be interested in. If you find one you like, please feel free to post on here & we can have a look for things like health tests & COI percentage for you.Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dybull Fri Jun 28 2013, 11:41

I know the issues of blue on blue but these where not solid blue dogs and as for height I'm guessing the grandparents or there grandparents where probably crossed with old bulldog or maybe even pit a long time ago but these where far far from a pit !

Dybull

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28 2013, 21:13

Dybull wrote:I know the issues of blue on blue but these where not solid blue dogs and as for height I'm guessing the grandparents or there grandparents where probably crossed with old bulldog or maybe even pit a long time ago but these where far far from a pit !

It doesn't matter if they're solid or not - it's the gene that causes the dilution that is the problem & both parents will have it. You could end up with a pup with Colour Dilution Alopecia...

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t17716-colour-dilution-alopecia#254063

Although you may know that they are nowhere near being pits, the authorities could disagree! Any dog that falls within their guidelines for being a 'type' could be seized!

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyW Mon Feb 17 2014, 02:30

Also, I am not sure how welcome a young, lively, annoying whippersnapper would go down with your "old boy".

It may be better to let him enjoy his "more mature phase" in peace.
TonyW
TonyW
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Bit of info / help needed please  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Separeted
Dogs Name(s) : Barney
Dog(s) Ages : 18/12/2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 46

Back to top Go down