Getting better everyday

Go down

Getting better everyday Empty Getting better everyday

Post by Nuala Sat Jul 20 2013, 21:17

I brought Thistle home at 8 weeks, she got off to a rocky start unfortunately. Her tummy was huge when I got her, almost like she was worm bound, I put it down to the breeder feeding her two big meals a day, I got her on four smaller meals which didn't leave her so bloated. She settled with my two geriatric cats, well, they all seemed to come to a mutual arrangement, can't say they love each other. Thistle then had an allergic reaction to her first inoculation, I thought I had lost her, she then presented with colitis, all this didn't help with her toilet training, and I think she is stress reactive, as most dogs probably are. She had a course of anti biotics and chicken and rice, and is back to her normal kibbles, although she still seems to poo for england but not as bad, this has hindered her toilet training as I became bowel obsessed to say the least. Her biting me was getting extreme, I am like a bloody colander, and she started showing signs of food agression, I was getting very worried and was about to give her up. I was given a lot of really good advice from people on this site and I changed my attitude and my mind set, and I have to say we have really turned a corner over the last week, she is now 3 and a half months old and is turning into a lovely dog, although I still expect some days to be better than others and I have given up wearing a dress in this hot weather. I will post some photos soon when I sort my computer out, it's on a go slow.

Thistle loves to eat anything disgusting, I don't think there is any more duck or goose poo left on the canal tow path.......yuk!
Nuala
Nuala
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Thistle
Dog(s) Ages : 7 months
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Getting better everyday Empty Re: Getting better everyday

Post by Guest Sat Jul 20 2013, 22:19

Aww sounds like she's coming along nicely Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21 2013, 00:57

Nuala wrote:
Thistle loves to eat anything disgusting, I don't think there is any more duck or goose poo left on the canal tow path.......yuk!

Tell me about it! We have quite a few Canada Geese in my local park & Dempsey loves the fresh goose poo.sick 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down