Already, the comments..............

+3
-Ian-
I❤dogs
Oakmoss
7 posters

Go down

Already, the comments.............. Empty Already, the comments..............

Post by Oakmoss Tue May 30 2017, 21:01

We have still yet to meet Bella, the rescue staffy, for the second time. Then there will be a home visit to see if we are suitable etc. Yet, already, the comments along the lines of "you must be mad" are flooding in. I am a hypocrite I know as, until very recently, I would not have considered a staffy. But these comments aren't just about getting a rescue staffy. They are about getting a dog full stop. How much of a "tie" it will be, how it will "ruin" our lives etc. Non animal people just don't get it. I would choose animal company over most humans I have met, any day. Animals understand unconditional love and loyalty. I am so very tired of other people judging how I choose to live my life angry

Sorry guys - just feeling very fed up. I became vegetarian a few weeks ago and the reaction from so many has been similar. Apparently, there is "no point" and I am just going to make myself "ill" etc etc. Strange how a person could eat in McDonalds every week and no one bats an eyelid but tell people you are going vegetarian and they lose the plot!!!

And breathe!!! Sad
Oakmoss
Oakmoss
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Already, the comments.............. Empty Re: Already, the comments..............

Post by I❤dogs Tue May 30 2017, 21:34

I get it all the time for being a single parent with 2 dogs, 3 cats & a rabbit. I used to defend myself but now just smile & say 'thanks for your advice & concern's. I find it stops interferers in their tracks lol. I get you though, it's very annoying
I❤dogs
I❤dogs
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Saxon and Rebel
Dog(s) Ages : 21/03/11 and 13/02/17
Dog Gender(s) : Boys
Support total : 72

Back to top Go down

Already, the comments.............. Empty Re: Already, the comments..............

Post by -Ian- Tue May 30 2017, 21:39

Yes dogs are a tie but they also offer you the chance to explore so many wonderful places, they help keep you fit and yes, they offer unconditional love Smile

Now I'm not a vegetarian (cos I love bacon) but I would never mock anyone who decided to live a different way. As long as it isn't hurting anyone how dare people judge.

Stick to yer guns and forget about all the doubters that are so closed minded Wink

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Already, the comments.............. B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Tue May 30 2017, 22:22

Dogs are a tie but oh what a wonderful one!!

I've always had people commenting on my choices in life. I've never wanted children but always wanted animals .I just laugh everything off and ignore people who don't understand how much I love Misty. Like you say some non animal people will never get it. The love animals give is just amazing, you can't speak the same language yet you do communicate. It's an amazing love between humans and animals. Bella will light up your life, enjoy every second x

Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakmoss Wed May 31 2017, 07:56

Thank you all for understanding Smile At 40 years old I am just tired of people telling me how to live my life. If I was doing awful things, hurting others etc then they would have a point but I am not. I just want to be happy and I can't be happy without sharing my life with an animal - its as simple as that for me. Just because they see it as some awful 'tie' doesn't mean I see it that way!
Oakmoss
Oakmoss

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by I❤dogs Wed May 31 2017, 08:01

I once went a couple of years with out a dog & felt very down. It just wasn't right. I don't see my dogs as a tie, they are my family & I'd do anything for them
I❤dogs
I❤dogs

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by I❤dogs Wed May 31 2017, 08:02

Do let us know how your 2nd visit with Bella goes
I❤dogs
I❤dogs

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakmoss Wed May 31 2017, 08:42

Thank you Laura Smile

I'm sorry you get people being so judgemental over your life. I am so very glad that your children get to grow up with animals - its one of the biggest gifts you could ever give them Love Struck

I am going over to see Bella tomorrow morning and then Gary and I are going together on Saturday Smile Will keep you posted Smile x
Oakmoss
Oakmoss

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by I❤dogs Wed May 31 2017, 10:18

Thankyou, I totally agree. My children are so compassionate & understand dogs body language, they love caring for our animals. I think it's so good for them. I'm really excited for you, the photo Liz put up of you with Bella was lovely xx
I❤dogs
I❤dogs

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Wed May 31 2017, 20:32

You will need to grow a thick skin taking on 'one of those dogs' angry Those people haven't got a clue!!! As for being a tie, yes they are but once you get her you wont want to change it Love Struck

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakmoss Wed May 31 2017, 21:37

Thanks guys Smile

I just get very fed up with people at times. I have worked all my life up until a short while ago and now can't due to my health and the judgement for that alone really gets me down at times. I genuinely don't understand why people can't just support each other more. Life is tough enough for most, why do some people have to make it worse with their continual judgements and expectations? Rolling Eyes

As long as Bella is ok with us and we are ok with her that's all that counts and I love it that I can come here and talk to you guys as you are amazing Love Struck
Oakmoss
Oakmoss

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Fri Jun 02 2017, 22:56

I think a dog picks you as mia did with me id rather have a dog than any person id have a field of staffies if i could. At the forum claire we all rant at times.

Already, the comments.............. B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Jun 03 2017, 17:22

Oakmoss wrote:Thanks guys Smile

I just get very fed up with people at times. I have worked all my life up until a short while ago and now can't due to my health and the judgement for that alone really gets me down at times. I genuinely don't understand why people can't just support each other more. Life is tough enough for most, why do some people have to make it worse with their continual judgements and expectations? Rolling Eyes

As long as Bella is ok with us and we are ok with her that's all that counts and I love it that I can come here and talk to you guys as you are amazing Love Struck

I believe the primary reason that people criticise is through jealousy, closely followed by the need for attention.

Stick to your guns and you know in your heart that this is the thing to do Smile
Me too, I've waited a long time before taking the big step but I'll be picking up my little staffy in a week, no regrets.
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down