Frosty walk

2 posters

Go down

Frosty walk Empty Frosty walk

Post by lexii Sat Feb 17 2018, 03:08

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew went for a walk and was so cold i could barely breathe. Not exactly an off leash area but too bloody cold to hold a lead. Other dogs were running about off so eff authority Laughing

Frosty walk 27545159_10213471228592583_5506412216086542938_n
Frosty walk 27750345_10213471227952567_134749616817472255_n
Frosty walk 27749995_10213471229192598_2058889583757641593_n
lexii
lexii
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : No dogs now :(
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Frosty walk Empty Re: Frosty walk

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Feb 17 2018, 10:27

Looks lovely there, thanks for sharing Smile

How are his eyes and hips doing btw ?

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Frosty walk B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by lexii Tue Feb 20 2018, 00:35

Thanks for asking!

His eye seems to be a lot better, it had good days and bad days but it looks a lot more normal - so hopefully its not a life long thing.

His hips - well the loxicom helped him soo much he was like a new dog! Deffo going to get more.

My new concern is that he licks his front legs a lot, not something i noticed too much cause dogs lick their legs after eating..but then i saw a show about a dog doing that and it turned out it had bone cancer..so now im paranoid! So next vet check ill ask about it. If it is there is nothing to do about it at his age, and i would not put him through major surgery just to get another month or two. It will be what it will be.

But he is our last dog, so i feel im kind of clinging on to every moment cause im not sure what life would be like without a dog. Had one for 30 years! But parents dont want another. dad would have another lab bitch outside in kennels...but whats the point. When he was younger and out shooting the dog was with him all day until it was dark then going to bed well fed and tired.. and on off days would be pottering about the yard with him doing this and that working fences etc...now he (dad) is older he spends more of his days watching TV so what would a dog do outside alone all day...it would be cruel and me and mum wont allow it. And mum doesnt want another house dog - so no more dogs. End of an era. Sad, but i keep trying to tell myself im not that into dogs anyway...and im not but at same time...its nice to have a little buddy to go for a walk with so you dont feel like a boob just walking about on your own lol they give you some purpose..
lexii
lexii

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Tue Feb 20 2018, 19:24

Good to hear that you have found suitable medication to get him through his minor health issues.

As to the “last dog” thing, please don’t focalize on this.
If someone had told me 18 months ago that I’d have a staffy, I’d have laughed in your face. My mid-life crisis made me buy a horse from a stud I’d been following since uni (a long time ago !) and now I have Nifty too. Maybe your present situation means you’ll have a doggy break but life still has alot of surprises in store for you.
As for company on walks, how about taking your pony with you in the meantime ? It’s not quite the same but it can be fun too Wink

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Frosty walk B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by lexii Tue Mar 06 2018, 22:58

Hahaha totally! I keep threatening to do that, but i did go for a walk in a forest park one time with my filly and i could barely walk with all her admirers. I cant even train in the school/drive on the roads cause there is always someone walking or driving in a car by stopping to talk about them. Its a curse really :p At least i know they stand well, cause they bloody need to!
lexii
lexii

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content