A rant about other dogs >:(

3 posters

Go down

A rant  about other dogs >:( Empty A rant about other dogs >:(

Post by lexii Tue Apr 10 2018, 00:17

My friend is going through fear at the moment.. Her elderly lurcher was out for a walk with them (them being her, her partner,10yo daughter and baby son in a pram) when a lab type ran up to them and started pouncing on the lurcher trying to play. The lurcher has arthritis so this was probably very painful, not only that but she was with her young family she adores and she reacted sharply, giving the lab a laceration on his bum. Friends dog was then put on the lead and walked away, while labs owner ran about screaming at them and threatening them (while lab was still running about loose around the kids and the now leashed dog) said person then took to social media putting up a hate campaign and sending threatening messages to my friend...

All because her stupid dog had no boundaries and was not respectful to other dogs...thus my friend gets the blame cause her dog reacted! Some people think dogs should be bloody robots and only do things on command forgetting that they have a brain of their own and will protect themselves if needed.

My friends terrified the warden will come calling and that her dog will be taken despite it being a good dog for the 10 years its been alive. Said dog is one of the about 3 dogs in the world who my Lexi never reacted with - she is a calm "whatever" dog, which is the type that confused lexi the most. She had no reason to react. So a crazy woman shaming my friend over facebook about her vicious out of control dog is just sick!

So much anger Sad

I keep trying to comfort my friend and tell her that 1) the story the woman is saying is totally different to my friends 2) my friend has the threatening and abusive messages from said person saved, so that is good 3) dog warden is unlikely to come out for one teeny tiny indecent cause at the end of the day dogs are dogs...its not like she was out of control running about attacking everything trying to kill...she reacted to being pounced on and then left it at that.

Idk what will happen, but i hope nothing. Poor old dog deserves to be left to grow old without any stupid drama from people who cant understand that running up to another dog is NOT okay.
lexii
lexii
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : No dogs now :(
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

A rant  about other dogs >:( Empty Re: A rant about other dogs >:(

Post by gillybrent Tue Apr 10 2018, 10:06

Some people just don't have a clue!

I doubt very much that anything will come of it. Your friend has her partner as a witness that it was the lab that was out of control. Any dog will react & sometimes there will be minor injuries, but not a cause for concern.

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris1990 Tue Apr 10 2018, 11:47

People infuriate me with this type of thing, it is the other owners fault her dog got hurt, never ever let your dog just run up to another dog jumping about. It is basic common sense. If it were us and someone ran up to us getting in our face jumping about we would push them away and tell them to get our of our space, exact same situation with dogs. Poor thing Sad
Paris1990
Paris1990
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Hank
Dog(s) Ages : 2 Year
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris1990 Thu Apr 12 2018, 23:35

Hank got attacked today by an Alsatian Sad luckily no mark or punctures etc but my OH had to fight it off, came out of nowhere and we were on the path beside quite a busy road and the other dog was off lead!! I don’t know what people are thinking letting their dog off lead on any type of road never mind a busy road! Hank’s okay, I’m more traumatised than he is, think he’s even forgot about it because he’s been his normal self since but I just keep cuddling him so he’s probably thinking what is she doing Laughing

The saddest thing about it all was that hank thought the other dog was coming to play with him and then when he realised he wasn’t he looked so scared Crying or Very sad
Paris1990
Paris1990

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Fri Apr 13 2018, 09:15

Poor Hank!

Was the other owner anywhere near? I know lots if people with German Shepherds & they are all decent people with decent dogs - just goes to show that it isn't the dog, it's the owner!

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris1990 Fri Apr 13 2018, 14:53

Yeah he was with the dog, and didn’t seem in any hurry to run after it when it spotted hank and ran for him, my OH Said the owner didn’t seem a full shilling and wasn’t really phased by what had happened, but I’d like to think he will keep the dog on lead in future after the choice words my OH gave him ha!
Paris1990
Paris1990

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Fri Apr 13 2018, 18:41

I take it the other berk learned a few new words? Laughing

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris1990 Fri Apr 13 2018, 19:48

Oh yes, if my OH wasn’t with his son I’d say he would have learned a lot more haha crazy how protective we are of our doggos
Paris1990
Paris1990

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lexii Tue Apr 17 2018, 23:52

Well so far nothing else has been mentioned, thankfully.
lexii
lexii

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : No dogs now :(
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content