Simple nutritional meals

4 posters

Go down

Simple nutritional meals Empty Simple nutritional meals

Post by lunathestaffy Wed Apr 01 2020, 11:15

I’ve been trying to find some good recipes for just “that food” that I can give her every other day as a treat that will still be good for her. I find that the ones online are mostly either very basic like chicken rice and carrots- which doesn’t sound too nutritious to me,or too complicated with tons of things that I cannot get locally Laughing

I’ve recently bought frozen Atlantic salmon chunks (heard Pacific salmon was bad?) and was thinking what could I give them to her with... cook the salmon and mix it with like rice and cooked carrots and egg? That doesn’t seem too nutrition packed either though does it Rolling Eyes I like using carrots because I can peel and cut them into the desired size and freeze them until needed, just makes things faster so I am generally looking for ideas for things I can freeze and have on the ready to just quickly cook Laughing

lunathestaffy
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 23

Back to top Go down

Simple nutritional meals Empty Re: Simple nutritional meals

Post by Nifty staffy Thu Apr 02 2020, 19:12

I’m not quite sure I understand these meals. Do they substitute a kibble meal or are they extras ?
I guess that if you want balanced, the price to pay will be a more elaborate ingredient list. I was going to say that there are lots of recipes online and quite a few books but you’ve apparently already had a look.

Depending on what you want to achieve, you might have more luck at looking into “kibble additives” rather than a complete home made meal ?

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Simple nutritional meals B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Fri Apr 03 2020, 11:10

lunathestaffy wrote:I’ve been trying to find some good recipes for just “that food” that I can give her every other day as a treat that will still be good for her. I find that the ones online are mostly either very basic like chicken rice and carrots- which doesn’t sound too nutritious to me,or too complicated with tons of things that I cannot get locally Laughing

I’ve recently bought frozen Atlantic salmon chunks (heard Pacific salmon was bad?) and was thinking what could I give them to her with... cook the salmon and mix it with like rice and cooked carrots and egg? That doesn’t seem too nutrition packed either though does it Rolling Eyes  I like using carrots because I can peel and cut them into the desired size and freeze them until needed, just makes things faster so I am generally looking for ideas for things I can freeze and have on the ready to just quickly cook Laughing

By all means add a couple of bits to make her food more interesting, but I wouldn't swap & change a kibble & a home cooked diet.

If you want to home cook, have a look at a couple of fb pages to see what's needed - believe me, it isn't easy!

Here's one, but there are others...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1651729598373140/

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by KITA90 Sun Apr 05 2020, 21:13

As above, I wouldn't recommend changing a kibble to random home cooked meals. The diet needs to be consistent, by all means add goodness to the kibble to make it more interesting but don't remove it from meal times.

Just by adding little bits to their kibble is exciting for a pooch. Try any veg like broccoli, green beans, cauliflower etc (avoid the sprouts!), try Sardine Sunday (in oil or spring water, they're high in salt so not too often), beef or chicken stock... the options are endless.

Let us know how you get on Smile
KITA90
KITA90

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Shéara & Mollie
Dog(s) Ages : Sheara 9, Mollie 8
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 81