My little boy Shéara xXx

5 posters

Go down

Angel My little boy Shéara xXx

Post by KITA90 Wed Oct 28 2020, 16:31

Hey,

For those of you that know me, I found this fantastic forum 10 years ago when I rescued my boy Shéara from a shelter, in Newcastle, where he was left overnight tied up with a little note around his neck with his name on. I brought him home and little did I know that although I rescued him, he was the real hero, he saved me.

We have had the most amazing 10 years together going on adventures and doggy holidays, celebrating birthdays and Christmas. He would always think that anything wrapped in paper was his and he would help you open everything!

Back in June we were able to celebrate his 10th birthday, he helped himself to the buffet, enjoyed his birthday cake, received many gifts and wore his birthday banner with pride  star

We moved around a lot, on Sep 2nd we moved into my forever home, and I kept telling Shéara that this would be his retirement home and it would all be so perfect for him. We have the most amazing walks on our doorstep ready for those days when his little legs couldn't walk far.

We celebrated the move (and my 30th birthday) with a house party where my nearest and dearest would greet the dogs before me. But that was okay, Shaéra thought it was a party for him, which it was in a way. It was the last time everyone saw him in full health and prancing around and stealing from that buffet again!

2 weeks later, Shéara developed Pneumonia, he changed over night and was admitted to the animal hospital twice. He didn't respond to treatment and his quality of life was, simply horrendous. I did everything in my power, they tried everything, there were no options left.

I had to face that decision that no dog owner should ever endure, but I had to put my baby first. Shéara gained his wings on the 5th October and can now run pain free with all those fur babies up there.

He will never be forgotten, he was my little boy that always came first. I'm just so glad that everyone was able to see him one last time despite this crazy world that we live in right now. I'm grateful for lock-down to spend all that additional time with him. We walked and sunbathed every day, the paddling pool never went away,  we had endless cuddles and kisses. Ill miss my little hoover, sausage Sunday, that Staffy chatter, zoomies, being nudged in the back of the leg, the destroyed stuffed teddies and cardboard all over the place, the excitement of the fridge opening, grabbing 2 apples instead of one... the list is endless.

I thank you all for the weird and wonderful advice I have received over the years. A Staffy is definitely a special breed, and you really need to know the ins and outs to fully appreciate them and allow them to show off their unique personalities. Thank you to you all, you've all been amazing and I hope other Staffy lovers embrace this forum and keep it going to continue to educate.

The house is quiet, the saying rings true "A house isn't a home without a Staffy"
KITA90
KITA90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Shéara & Mollie
Dog(s) Ages : Sheara 9, Mollie 8
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 81

Back to top Go down

Angel Re: My little boy Shéara xXx

Post by Nifty staffy Wed Oct 28 2020, 19:57

Oh Kita, I had seen that you’d gone quiet but I would never have imagined you were going through such tough times Sad
Run free over rainbow bridge Shéara, you had a rough start in life but you found your forever home and had a decade full of the love and attention you deserved.

Kita, you are always welcome here, as you are.
If we can do anything for you, you can lean on us My little boy Shéara xXx 3198918699

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

My little boy Shéara xXx B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Wed Oct 28 2020, 21:19

So sorry to hear your sad news Crying or Very sad You gave him the best life & he will always thank you for it Love Struck
As you have said, staffies are a very special breed, loving & loyal to the end!
We are here for you if you need us My little boy Shéara xXx 3198918699

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by lunathestaffy Tue Nov 03 2020, 07:49

So sorry to read about ur pain... actually cried reading this o emotional and sad... hope you are doing okay ❤❤

lunathestaffy
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by KITA90 Wed Nov 04 2020, 19:00

Thank you all for your kind words. Its been a month and the pain isnt easing. Everywhere i go, everything i do, something always reminds me of Sheara. Ive been though this so many times but this time its different. I just feel so broken. I feel guilty for not rehoming another straight away to get another out of the kennels, but part of me thinks the similarities will be too painful.

I hope your all doing well and looking forward to lock down part 2, remember to cherish every moment with your furbabies xx
KITA90
KITA90

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Shéara & Mollie
Dog(s) Ages : Sheara 9, Mollie 8
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Wed Nov 04 2020, 19:41

I feel your pain but you will know when you are ready to rehome another beautiful soul & it's not a replacement for your beautiful boy Love Struck He would want you to help others & will be happy to watch over you My little boy Shéara xXx 3198918699

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Sun Jan 31 2021, 21:35

Im sorry for your loss

My little boy Shéara xXx B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Support total : 1317