If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do?

+16
EsmeTheStafford
kris82
Sago1967
CaraElizabeth
canthavethat
dan12345
racamoe
stig
rebeccaleanne
pongy
StuW
janey
Dan330
Sar H
harlou
Steve
20 posters

Go down

what would you do?

If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Pbucket1%If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Pbucket 1% 
[ 1 ]
If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Pbucket29%If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Pbucket 29% 
[ 20 ]
If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Pbucket10%If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Pbucket 10% 
[ 7 ]
If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Pbucket40%If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Pbucket 40% 
[ 27 ]
If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Pbucket19%If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Pbucket 19% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 68

If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Empty If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do?

Post by Steve Wed Jan 16 2013, 14:43

click the one of them ^^^

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Empty Re: If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do?

Post by harlou Wed Jan 16 2013, 15:11

My wife would take Olly to France .I would have to come back and work Crying or Very sad
harlou
harlou
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do? Empty Re: If Staffy was getting banned tomorrow what would you do?

Post by Sar H Wed Jan 16 2013, 15:16

'Other'

I have a neighbour who would 'shop' us if we hid her at home. My parents live just outside a village and the only neighbours who can see into their garden would not be worried about a staffy so I would take her there (subject to their doberman developing a backbone and no longer hiding away from that scary little dog of course Rolling Eyes )
Sar H
Sar H
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Maddie
Dog(s) Ages : about 9
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan330 Wed Jan 16 2013, 15:19

As it will never happen I'm glad I don't have to think about it... but I would probably end up in prison if somone tried to take Monty away from me now.
Dan330
Dan330

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Monty
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jan 16 2013, 16:25

Well Moo is a x with a hyena anyway so no probs here Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16 2013, 16:31

Noone can see into our yard, so i would delete all my photos and just carry on as normal. I just wouldn't walk her in public areas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16 2013, 16:51

I'd go for the exempted list. At least you don't have to look over your shoulder all the time, scared that someone will shop you/police will seize the dog.

Obviously, if the dog had a suspect temperament the answer may well be different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16 2013, 20:48

I've put "other" as I would first try the exempted list approach and if that wasn't looking good I would bail out early and go live in a cave in the highlands somewhere nobody would find me , you will never take my dogs from me

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Wed Jan 16 2013, 20:55

I put 'other' aswell. I'd try the exempted route and if that was failing I'd have a cave next to Dave Laughing
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Wed Jan 16 2013, 20:58

I have put other because i would do time to keep a member of this family, who can tell me she is dangerous?, humans are more dangerous you just never know
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16 2013, 21:46

i'd carry on as normal as we walk at unsocial times in very quiet areas, there is no chance in hell anyone is taking my dogs away Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16 2013, 21:55

If I was a betting man I would definitely put money on Ella coming out best in a "no you're not getting my dogs officer" standoff feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16 2013, 22:40

Laughing haha

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Sun Jan 20 2013, 18:42

Other..... iv lied for tyke before. Before we bought our first home we lived in a rented house and i told the landlord he was 10 and lazy and that he was a cross breed ( we desperantley needed a home) but he had just gone two lol. Plus am sure i could confirm he was a cross breed other wise we would. We would fight tooth and nail for tyke!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:00

I'd go for the exempted dog list. Then if that didn't work, I'd go for a less extreme version of Dave's! Big Grin Take him to a quite place, maybe a farm house. Take him for walks where nobody would see him.

Hell hath no fury, right? Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:05

Eleanor wrote:I'd go for the exempted dog list. Then if that didn't work, I'd go for a less extreme version of Dave's! Big Grin Take him to a quite place, maybe a farm house. Take him for walks where nobody would see him.

Cave , Farmhouse whats the difference , probably about 150quid a month in council tax Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:36

I'd go for the exempted list if I was sure Loki would be able to go on it. If not...well, looks like I'm harbouring a fugitive Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 21:36

Dave wrote:
Eleanor wrote:I'd go for the exempted dog list. Then if that didn't work, I'd go for a less extreme version of Dave's! Big Grin Take him to a quite place, maybe a farm house. Take him for walks where nobody would see him.

Cave , Farmhouse whats the difference , probably about 150quid a month in council tax Big Grin

If you live in a cave, you can't get heating! Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21 2013, 10:06

What a terrible thought. I would go for the list I wouldn't fancy looking over my shoulder all the time or living in one of Dave's Caves!

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Sat Feb 09 2013, 01:07

I clicked other, when stopped I'd simply say, "er, no officer it's not, it's a patterdale", lets face it 90% of them couldn't tell a dogs head from it's bumhole they're hardly going to be able to determine the breed Tongues
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by racamoe Sat Feb 09 2013, 09:42

I would keep it until it was forced from me . Maybe we should start making s variety of disguises just in case. A fluffy jacket and hey presto a brindle poodle lol
let's hope that never happens hey Smile
racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by dan12345 Sun Mar 03 2013, 01:00

What ever it takes
dan12345
dan12345
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Betty
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by canthavethat Mon Apr 01 2013, 21:22

We would all have to chip in to buy an island and go and live there Big Grin
canthavethat
canthavethat
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky, Bailey
Dog(s) Ages : March 2011, Feb 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01 2013, 21:48

canthavethat wrote:We would all have to chip in to buy an island and go and live there Big Grin

I'm liking this idea! Big Grin Endless play dates and no hassle of other people - sounds great Laughing I'd fight till the death to keep my girl! She's as daft as anything and has had enough time of her life kenneled/on death row!

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Thu Jun 27 2013, 01:56

I hope this never becomes a reality because I would never let them take Gwennie away! I would probs end up in a lot of trouble!!!
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gwen
Dog(s) Ages : 12/22/2012
Support total : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27 2013, 05:37

I try the list and if all else failed I'm living with Dave in his cave Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sago1967 Wed Jul 17 2013, 11:27

I would move to a country where they had no exempted dog laws. Island sounds good Smile

Sago1967
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by kris82 Tue Aug 06 2013, 20:14

we would try and exempt if she were not we would go to the end of the earth to keep her safe
kris82
kris82

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : coco
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by EsmeTheStafford Mon Sep 16 2013, 13:04

Never would I hand my babies over, I'd fight for these two. If nothing else worked then straight on a plane no questions asked!
EsmeTheStafford
EsmeTheStafford

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Esme, Shiloh, Henry
Dog(s) Ages : 2yr, 14wk, 8yr
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch, Male, Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Simi Tue Feb 04 2014, 15:19

Try and get my baby on the list if that didn`t work carry on as normal and see what happened
Simi
Simi

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tallulah
Dog(s) Ages : 21/11/13
Support total : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp Mon Mar 17 2014, 21:20

id fight to the death before anybody took my babies from me! the list of banned dogs is ludicrous anyway! i have an italian mastiff living nextdoor to me and ive seen that bite an oap is that a banned dog!! er NO!
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : willow and chester
Dog(s) Ages : willow 3 years chester 2
Dog Gender(s) : willow female chester male
Support total : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan and Holly Fri Jan 02 2015, 19:30

It will not happen as the main charities that deal with rescue dogs support Staffies as a breed and see the BSL as plain BS really. There'd also be war via the normally docile owners. Big Grin
Stan and Holly
Stan and Holly

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog(s) Ages : 7 Years 4/6/10
Support total : 52

https://2img.net/i/fa/pbucket.gif

Back to top Go down

Post by Niffer Tue Feb 02 2016, 15:51

Its the little dogs that should get banned if any. They're the ones that will go for you without a moments thought - just cos their bite is less damaging they don't get the media hype
Niffer
Niffer

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo aka Michaelangelo
Dog(s) Ages : 14/09/2013
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down